Friday, 15 November 2013

Celebrating Young Heroes

Last night I really enjoyed the opportunity to get properly dressed up: dust off my posh frock, polish my high heels and break out the Gok Wan shapewear!

The event? The Pride of Plymouth Awards at the Duke of Cornwall Hotel celebrating the difference that individuals and groups can make in their communities.

There were some truly amazing people who had been nominated for awards but those that will stick in my mind will, of course, be the Young Heroes - age 4 to 16. I think it was completely the right decision of the judges to make all the nominees winners - as how you would ever differentiate them - well who only knows!

It really reminded me not just how courageous children and young people can be, but how amazing and different they all are! It's not just that they do amazing things that are micro-versions of adult behaviour, but that they bring their own brand of courage and behaviour.

Respect!

No comments:

Post a Comment